I immediately responded to him, and when I germinated, I decide to write this article to share solutions to more windows users.
As a general, when SSD read-only mode occurs, you will be unable to modify contents or save new files on this device. If you want to edit or write new data to a read-only SSD drive, you must remove the read-only attribute on it and make SSD writable.
If you are also bothered by SSD read-only issue, Don’t worry，you can follow the solutions below to solve it I listed.
Solutions 1:Modify Registry Key
An effective way to remove SSD read-only issue is to edit the registry key. You can follow the step-by-step guide to solve the problem.
1. Press Win + S to open Search. Then type Registry Editor in the box and select the app
2. In the pop-up window, copy the following path and past it to the address bar:
3. Double-click the WriteProtect key from the right pane to open its properties.
4. Change the Value data from 1 to 0.
Solutions 2: Run CHDSK
If there are bad sectors on your SSD, you may also encounter problems related to “SSD is read only”. In this case, you can run CHDSK, a built-in utility in Windows, to check and repair disk errors.
1. Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input cmd and press Shift + Ctrl + Enter to run Command Prompt as administrator.
2. Type the command chkdsk #: /f (# is the drive letter of your problematic disk).
3. Restart the computer. Then you can check if your SSD runs without any problems.
Solutions 3: Format your SSD
When your SSD is read only, the file system may be corrupted. An effective way to solve the problem is to format your SSD. MiniTool Partition Wizard will be a grate helper.
1. Download and install MiniTool Partition Wizard by clicking the following button.
2. When you get the interface, select a partition on your SSD and click Format Partition from the action panel.
3. Set Partition Label, File System and Cluster Size in the pop-up window and click OK.
4. Click Apply.
Then you can check if your SSD read only issue disappears or if the message “current read-only state: Yes” is changed to “current read-only state: No”.